Ask about the latest explosive talent in gospel music today and you will find that Kristina Halloway is your answer. With a bleeding edge fusion of inspirational sound and infectious pop music, Kristina Halloway is set to make her mark within a new genre of gospel music her production squad has dubbed “GosPop,” effectively making her First Lady of the genre and bringing a message of hope to the masses with enough energy to power several cities. Beyond what you may hear from Kristina on your iPod or CD player, her stage performance is doubly outstanding. Many have said the music is unlike any gospel they’ve ever heard, inspiring from the church to the club! Produced by Jamel “JKeyz” Richardson, known for his songwriting (98 Degrees, Timothy Wright, all of Kristina’s album with exception of “He Opened My Eyes” and “Praise”) and his production skills on the 3x platinum debut album for Pink, "Can’t Take Me Home", where he did the title cut "Can’t Take Me Home” and “Hiccup”, Puff Johnson, Dru Hill, Timothy Wright, John Cook (“Heaven’s Pen”, where JKeyz won a Dove Award and nominated for a Stellar Award) and more, this embodiment of work consists of Pop, R&B, and Contemporary music, with one song touching on rock (“Praise”) that he masterfully crafted, all geared toward a wider demographic.
Here are some of the notable events in Kristina's career:
- 2011 Stellar Award Winner for Best New Artist of the Year
- Billboard peak position #11 on Hot Singles Sales Chart for the single “It’s Only You”
- Peak Position #17 on Top 20 Singles Chart in Canada [SoundScan, Allcharts.org]
- 2010 BET Gospel Award nominee
- MTV-affiliate OurStage.com peak position #1 Christian charts, #9 R&B charts, #28 Soul Charts